By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts food and beverage team took the show on the road donating nearly 400 hearty lunch boxes, with turkey sandwiches and snacks, to local nonprofit organizations throughout Broward County that serve at-risk children and families.
The Broward Center team, with delivery facilitated by partner Artisan Foods Catering, donated the meals to Kids in Distress, Women in Distress, Covenant House, and Children’s Harbor. Kids in Distress also shared extra meals with Childnet.
“We are delighted to prepare and deliver these meals to the staff and kids of such deserving nonprofits,” said Vinny Venezia, director of food and beverage at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. He oversaw the meal preparation and also donated containers of cotton candy and pretzels on arrival at Kids in Distress.
“During challenging times, it is vital for all of us to come together as a community. These organizations provide critical services to the most vulnerable children and families in Broward County, and they need our support now more than ever.”
The Broward Center has an ongoing relationship with these nonprofit organizations and others in the community, supporting them with complimentary tickets to performances throughout the year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.16Rep Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Online Town Hall with 3 Broward County Agencies
- News2021.06.15Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.06.14Eats ‘n Beats Returns With The National Tom Petty Tribute Show