By Sharon Aron Baron
An announcement went out to all parents and staff of Marjory Stoneman Douglas that an individual at the school has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to Principal Michelle Kefford, anyone who may have been in close contact with the individual has already been notified by school staff and Risk Management.
The Department of Health will follow up with these families to provide information regarding the next steps.
Although no other information was given out, she reiterated that CDC guidelines define close contact as an individual who has had close contact of 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11