By Sharon Aron Baron
An announcement went out to all parents and staff of Marjory Stoneman Douglas that an individual at the school has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to Principal Michelle Kefford, anyone who may have been in close contact with the individual has already been notified by school staff and Risk Management.
The Department of Health will follow up with these families to provide information regarding the next steps.
Although no other information was given out, she reiterated that CDC guidelines define close contact as an individual who has had close contact of 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.03.05BSO Arrest Teen for Threat at Pompano Beach School
- News2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Parkland Crime Update: Man Assaulted While Walking His Dog