By Jill Fox
Hey batter, batter…It’s time for Parkland Pokers tryouts.
The city’s travel baseball league is holding tryouts this weekend for athletes ages 9 and under.
Team Manager Craig Anderson’s son, Jake is in his second year of playing for the Pokers. However, Anderson said, at this age, most kids don’t have travel baseball experience, so it’s not a prerequisite for the team.
Children must be nine years old by April 30, 2020, or younger.
Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, July 21, at 5:30 p.m. on field C, Friday, July 24 at 5:30 p.m. on field B, and Sunday, July 26 at 6 p.m. on field B. All will take place at Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End, and children are not required to be present for all three days.
At tryouts, athletes should expect to wear masks, have their temperatures checked, and maintain a safe distance from others, as coaches will be using cones to keep kids at least eight to ten feet apart.
Anderson said kids will be put into groups of three or four at each position, following all guidelines of Parkland and Broward County.
“We want to make sure the kids have a place to play where they can be safe at the same time.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My House’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm