By: Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through April 7.
10999 Nob Hill Rd/Heron Bay Blvd N.
On April 5, a 2016 Hyundai was abandoned in the turn lane on the northbound roadway. The vehicle was towed. Officer was unable to contact owner.
Fraud – Credit Card / Atm
5901 Hillsboro Blvd,. BJ’s Wholesale
Sometime on March 27, 2019, person(s) unknown unlawfully used the victim’s fraudulently obtained “TD Bank” credit card to make $869.91 worth of purchases at BJ’s Wholesale.
5900 Loxahatchee Rd. Construction Site
On April 6, around 3:27 p.m., two black males wearing green fluorescent vests drove into the construction site and removed several rolls of copper wire. The suspects also took a Bosch chipping hammer and a Milwaukee band saw. The 43-year-old victim saw the suspects leave the scene in a gold Dodge Caravan. Total value of stolen property: $3,450.00.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas 5901 Pine Island Rd.
On April 2, between 10:00 a.m. and 10:31 a.m. the fire alarm sounded. It was determined the heat sensor detector was faulty.
On April 3, an employee issue occurred on the campus of Riverglades Elementary.
7745 Hillsboro Blvd. Terramar Park
On April 5, a 63-year-old female was jogging near the entrance to the park when she accidentally tripped on her own feet and landed face-first on the asphalt. The subject suffered scratches on her hands, knees and face and was transported to West Boca Medical center for further evaluation.
9245 Ranch Rd. Barkland Dog Park
On April 6 between 8:23 a.m. and 8:26 a.m. a female fell at Barkland Dog Park and was transported to the hospital.
7000 Block of NW 120th Ave
53-year-old victim reportedly broke her foot and she was transported to the hospital by Coral Springs Fire Rescue.
7600 Block of Old Thyme Ct, Parkland Golf & Country Club, an allegation of delayed sexual assault was reported from August 6, 2018. Officer made contact with the reporting person who advised that a friend of his son were allegedly assaulted at a party in August 2018. The victim was contacted and advised that an assault never took place.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors