By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 3,400 COVID-19 cases among students and staff as of Oct. 25, up 188 from the 3,212 recorded as of Oct. 16, data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 2,757 students and 643 school employees, according to the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The increase in Broward school cases is among the smallest since the Delta variant became the dominant COVID-19 strain in the U.S., and comes as coronavirus infection totals and positivity rates continue to fall across South Florida.
The school district’s data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction, since school began Aug. 18.
Only schools reporting at least one COVID-19 case are shown below. If cases increased since Oct. 16, the difference is included.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School reported 30 cases, up from 26 on Oct. 16.
Park Trails Elementary School reported 15 cases.
Heron Heights Elementary School reported 35 cases, up from 28.
Riverglades Elementary School recorded 11 cases.
Westglades Middle School reported 12 cases, up from 11.
Coral Springs schools
Coral Glades High School has reported 66 up from 62
J.P. Taravella High School reported nine cases, up from eight.
Coral Springs High School reported 47 cases, up from 45.
Coral Springs Middle School reported nine cases.
Forest Glen Middle School reported eight cases, up from seven.
Ramblewood Middle School reported 31 cases, up from 20.
Sawgrass Springs Middle School reported 22 cases.
Coral Springs Elementary School reported 18 cases, up from 15.
Parkside Elementary School reported six cases, up from five.
Riverside Elementary School reported 31 cases, up from 28.
Westchester Elementary School reported 18 cases.
Ramblewood Elementary School reported 24 cases.
Country Hills Elementary School reported nine cases, up from eight.
Coral Park Elementary School reported seven cases.
Park Springs Elementary School reported 33 cases, up from 29.
Forest Hills Elementary School reported 21 cases, up from 20.
Eagle Ridge Elementary School reported 13 cases, up from 12.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.12.06Parkland Crime Update: Paintball Incident And Damage to Holiday Display
- News2021.12.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Student Arrested for School Shooting Threat
- News2021.11.29Parkland Crime Update: Student Cited for Bringing Alcohol to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- News2021.11.29Boca Woman Tried to Bribe Her Way Out of Drunk Driving Arrest in Parkland