By: Matt Rothman
Both the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys and girls golf team had players compete in the State Championship.
For the boys, Andres Barraza and Dylan Marrone competed individually. Barraza came in 24th place out of 96 golfers with rounds of 74 and 78 at The Mission Inn located at Howey-in-the-Hills. Dylan Marrone recorded a 78 for his best round and had a total of 166.
“I am very proud of the two young men, said Head Coach Ernie Rospierski. “They played well, and when some shots did not go their way, but pushed through and made some great shots.”
The girls played as a team and had five players compete. Cynthia Liu finished in 17th place with scores of 79 and 74. Ella Mamane
“The course was playing very tough, so it wasn’t our best showing, but I was happy the girls could have the experience, especially my younger players,” said Head Coach Devin Schaller.
Both teams had tremendous years and will undoubtedly return next season with the Eagles bringing back a solid team.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Another BCAA Championship
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Season Ends in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 20245 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Win Championship
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship