By: Sharon Aron Baron
The annual catch and release event has been called off due to social distancing restrictions.
The event, set to take place on June 13, where anglers win awards for the biggest, smallest, and most fish caught at the Pine Trails fishing pier will just have to wait.
“At this time, with a prohibition on gatherings of ten or more, we will not be having this event,” said Todd DeAngelis, spokesperson for the city. “If circumstances change, we could reconsider, but, at this time, it is a no-go.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.11.22Bulk Trash Schedule for Parkland in November and December
- Crime & Safety2020.11.19Animal Bite, Assault, and Auto Theft This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.11.18Patricia Oliver Joins National Gun Violence Prevention Nonprofit
- News2020.11.17Principal Says Second Person Has Tested Positive for Covid-19