By: Sharon Aron Baron
The annual catch and release event has been called off due to social distancing restrictions.
The event, set to take place on June 13, where anglers win awards for the biggest, smallest, and most fish caught at the Pine Trails fishing pier will just have to wait.
“At this time, with a prohibition on gatherings of ten or more, we will not be having this event,” said Todd DeAngelis, spokesperson for the city. “If circumstances change, we could reconsider, but, at this time, it is a no-go.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland
- News2021.05.05Parkland Vice Mayor Mayersohn Elected to Serve on Florida League of Cities Board of Directors