By Sharon Aron Baron
A limited supply of COVID-19 at-home rapid test kits have been received by Broward County and will be distributed to residents at only three locations on Saturday, January 8, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The kits will be distributed from the drive-through, curbside service lanes outside the following three County libraries on a first-come, first-served basis as supplies last.
Margate Catherine Young Library 5810 Park Drive Margate 33063. Note: Library not open for regular services this day.
South Regional/Broward College Library 7300 Pines Blvd. Pembroke Pines 33024 Note: The library is also open for regular services this day.
Tyrone Bryant Branch Library 2230 NW 21st Ave.Fort Lauderdale 33311. Note: the library is not open for regular services this day.
Residents picking up the test kits must show proof of Broward County residency and are limited to two kits per household.
Test kits will not be distributed inside the libraries. For the safety of employees, they request residents wear a facial covering as they will receive kits in the drive-through.
While the County continues to ask for more at-home test kits, it is unclear if additional kits will be received. Kits are expected to go quickly.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton