By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Community Health Services is offering free immunizations and low-cost physical exams for uninsured children (ages 4 to 18) at two community health centers during its “Mobilize to Immunize” event.
Caregivers will provide immunizations against infectious diseases such as whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, influenza, Hepatitis B, and polio. Immunizations prevent dangerous, sometimes life-threatening diseases such as chickenpox, diphtheria, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
“Obtaining a school physical and immunizing your child is one of the best things you can do to safeguard their health,” said Aldo Calvo, D.O., family medicine, medical director of Ambulatory Services for Broward Health. “This free vaccination program offers, in many cases, a shot at a healthy life for so many children.”
Free immunizations and $30 school physicals are available Wednesday, August 3, from 2 to 5 p.m.; Wednesday, August 10, from 2 to 5 p.m., and Friday, August 12, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the following locations.
- Cora E. Braynon Family Health Center, 200 N.W. Seventh Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, 33311
- Pompano Pediatric Primary Care Center, 601 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach, 33060
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.08.04Apply to Broward Center Teen Ambassador Program by Aug. 26
- News2022.08.04Coconut Creek Resident Reclaims Her Life Following a Devastating Bicycle Collision
- News2022.08.04Broward Health Offers Free School Immunizations for the Uninsured
- News2022.08.02Parkland’s Eats ‘n Beats Returns on Aug. 6 with Food Trucks and Live Music