By Sharon Aron Baron
This school year is unlike any other, and with it, the challenges of virtual learning are bringing a lot of questions from parents.
With the first day of school on Wednesday, August 19, the Parent Community Involvement Task Force and Broward County Public Schools staff and administrators invite everyone to their Parent University live webinar sessions.
School Board Member Lori Alhadeff, who represents Parkland, encourages all parents and guardians to attend the Parent University live webinar to learn about how to make the start of this eLearning year a successful one — and the opportunity to have their specific questions answered.
The four events take place between August 12-17 and are divided by student groups. They will include step-by-step guidance to help parents assist their students through the school day and information on what to expect once classes begin. District personnel will be available after each presentation to answer questions.
Choose to attend the grade-level session that applies to your student(s) through the links below:
Elementary School – Wednesday, August 12, 6:30-8 p.m. Visit this Link.
Middle and High School – Thursday, August 13, 6:30-8 p.m. Visit this Link.
Information for Exceptional Student Education and English-Language Learners will be included in the grade-level sessions; however, more information specific to these student groups will be provided on the following dates.
Exceptional Student Education – Friday, August 14, 6:30-8 p.m. Visit this Link.
English-Language Learners – Monday, August 17, 6:30-8 p.m. Visit this Link.
All four webinars will be available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian-Creole, Arabic, Chinese, and Vietnamese through closed captioning.
If you are unable to attend a live Parent University webinar, links to the recorded sessions will be available on our District website, browardschools.com, and your school’s website.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.11.22Bulk Trash Schedule for Parkland in November and December
- Crime & Safety2020.11.19Animal Bite, Assault, and Auto Theft This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.11.18Patricia Oliver Joins National Gun Violence Prevention Nonprofit
- News2020.11.17Principal Says Second Person Has Tested Positive for Covid-19