By Sharon Aron Baron
Butterfly Children’s Charities raised over $100,000 in net proceeds year-to-date with its third annual Butterfly Ball gala fundraiser.
Proceeds benefit SOS Children’s Villages Florida in Coconut Creek and Liberty Children’s Home in Belize.
Over 160 guests gathered at the Deer Creek Country Club in Deerfield Beach on September 10 for the Hollywood-themed gala supporting Butterfly Children’s Charities’ mission to support abused, neglected, and orphaned children at home and abroad.
Amidst the evening’s dancing, dining, and socializing, Butterfly Children’s Charities unveiled its new Holiday & Event Fund. The Holiday & Event Fund is a unique effort by the organization to provide the children of Liberty Children’s Home and SOS Children’s Villages Florida with more than “just the essentials” and is explicitly designated for purchasing holiday gifts and organizing special events and activities for the children through the upcoming holiday season.
A volunteer-run group, Butterfly Children’s Charities is comprised primarily of women in the Parkland, Coconut Creek, and Boca Raton area. The organization’s mission is to raise money to support abused, neglected, and orphaned children at home and abroad.
Last May, Butterfly Children’s Charities hosted its first major fundraiser, the second annual Butterfly Birdie Classic golf tournament. The tournament raised over $34K in net proceeds.
With a few months left in 2022, the organization surpassed last year’s fundraising total by nearly 50 percent.
Major Butterfly Ball sponsors this year include Mednick Associates, Gordon & Partners, Luz Mary Spoerer & Family, Team Grafton & Canteenwalla Wealth Management, HEICO, Ox 97, PERQ, Emilio Castaneda MD, and Princeton Kitchen & Bath.
More information about Butterfly Children’s Charities can be found at www.butterflychildrenscharities.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.09.23Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.22Local Students Named 2023 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- News2022.09.21Butterfly Children’s Charities Raise Over $100K for At-Risk Children at 3rd Annual Ball
- News2022.09.19Parkland-Owned Wine Shop Holds Anniversary Party and 2nd Annual Food And Wine Festival