By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor of National Blood Donor Month, Toy Express in Coral Springs will be hosting a blood drive in conjunction with OneBlood.
The Blook Drive will be held on Saturday, January 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Toy Express parking lot in the Turtle Run Shoppes in Coral Springs.
From 12:30 to 2:00 p.m., a family event will be held which will include an indoor playground, face painting, balloon twisting, cotton candy, T-shirts, and a gift card giveaway.
All donors will receive a limited edition long-sleeve T-shirt, along with a wellness check-up including blood pressure, pulse, iron count, and cholesterol screening.
OneBlood welcomes blood donations from donors 16 years old and older. Sixteen-year-old donors, however, must present a signed permission form from their parent or a guardian before the donation.
And you are never too old to donate. If you are in good health and qualify for other eligibility guidelines, you can donate blood regardless of age. Many regular donors over the age of 80 give blood with OneBlood. Parkland residents welcome to attend.
Toy Express is located at 6325 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33067.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out