By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor of National Blood Donor Month, Toy Express in Coral Springs will be hosting a blood drive in conjunction with OneBlood.
The Blook Drive will be held on Saturday, January 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Toy Express parking lot in the Turtle Run Shoppes in Coral Springs.
From 12:30 to 2:00 p.m., a family event will be held which will include an indoor playground, face painting, balloon twisting, cotton candy, T-shirts, and a gift card giveaway.
All donors will receive a limited edition long-sleeve T-shirt, along with a wellness check-up including blood pressure, pulse, iron count, and cholesterol screening.
OneBlood welcomes blood donations from donors 16 years old and older. Sixteen-year-old donors, however, must present a signed permission form from their parent or a guardian before the donation.
And you are never too old to donate. If you are in good health and qualify for other eligibility guidelines, you can donate blood regardless of age. Many regular donors over the age of 80 give blood with OneBlood. Parkland residents welcome to attend.
Toy Express is located at 6325 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33067.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10