By: Chris Brunner
The Friends of Music, Inc. invites community organizations to honor their outstanding volunteer at the Working in Harmony Volunteer Luncheon on Sunday, May 21.
Working in Harmony has become a popular tradition in Coral Springs with honorees from a variety of groups such as churches, school and sport groups, women’s and men’s clubs, hospital auxiliaries, etc.
Guests will have fun cheering for their special honoree and will also enjoy meeting members of other community groups. They will also have the opportunity to win fabulous items at the Chinese Raffle and Silent Auction and enjoy the music provided by the Coral Springs Middle School Jazz Band.
The cost of the luncheon is $38 and all are welcome to join the festivities. Note: tickets must be purchased in advance. Since organizations often wish to attend in support of their honoree, Friends of Music extends a discounted ticket price of $36 per ticket for groups of ten or more.
Friends of Music, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) created by a dedicated group of music lovers who volunteer their time and talents to present a small concert series and to support local public Middle and High School music programs. To date, over $170,000 has been donated to these music programs. More than 1,600 music students have performed “side by side” and received master classes from professional musicians and FOM concerts have been attended by over 18,000 music lovers.
The event will take place at the Marriott Hotel and Golf Club located at 11775 Heron Bay Blvd in Coral Springs. The work of groups and volunteers enhances the quality of life in our community and it is important to honor them. For tickets, questions or to find out more about the Friends of Music, please call Linda Hanson at 954-752-5620 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11