By Jim Saunders
After setting a record of $4.89 on June 13, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Florida has dropped during the past two weeks and was at $4.67 on Monday, according to the AAA auto club.
AAA pointed to decreases in crude-oil and gasoline-futures prices amid concerns about the broader economy.
“Gas prices are moving in a favorable direction, as millions of Americans prepare to embark on an Independence Day road trip,” AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins said in a prepared statement. “Despite the recent declines, gas prices are still likely to be the highest for this holiday in history.”
The average price a year ago in Florida was $2.94 a gallon. The most expensive gas in Florida is in the West Palm Beach, Gainesville, and Naples areas, while the least expensive is in the Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, and Panama City areas, according to AAA.
Lowest Prices around Parkland – reported on June 27, 2022.
$4.49 Chevron 8161 Wiles Rd near Riverside Dr
$4.55 Costco 4621 Coral Ridge Dr & Wiles Rd
$4.55 BJ’s Wholesale 5901 W Hillsboro Blvd near State Rd 7
$4.59 Wawa 7705 N State Rd 7 & Loxahatchee Road
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Florida News Service is the largest legislative news team in the state, providing provide gavel-to-gavel coverage of House and Senate sessions and more.
- News Service of Florida2022.07.25Sales Tax ‘Holiday’ Helps Usher in School Year
- News Service of Florida2022.07.21UF Students Seek Refunds on Services During COVID Shutdown
- News Service of Florida2022.07.08DeSantis Describes Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as a “Heck of an Ally”
- News Service of Florida2022.07.05State Quickly Appeals Abortion Law Ruling on Tuesday