By Sharon Aron Baron
On Tuesday, newly reelected Governor Ron DeSantis sent out his Thanksgiving message.
DeSantis was reelected to the governor’s mansion after against challenger Charlie Crist, with 59 percent. and a difference of 1.5 million votes.
Four years earlier, for instance, DeSantis beat Democrat Andrew Gillum by a margin of less than half a percentage point.
“I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Two hundred and thirty-three years ago, President George Washington issued a proclamation for “a day of public thanksgiving and prayer” for the American people to “acknowledge with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.”
We’re blessed to be Americans and to live in the free state of Florida. While our country has faced so many problems in recent years, we have the capacity to solve these problems and to bring about brighter days.
The First Lady and I have much to be thankful for: her health; our three children, Madison, Mason, and Mamie; and the trust Floridians have placed in me and my administration to continue our efforts.
We will Keep Florida Free. Thank you, and God bless you all.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.12.06Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.03Yankees First Baseman Anthony Rizzo Raises $1.3 million for Pediatric Cancer During Parkland Event
- News2022.12.01Register Now for Anthony Rizzo’s 11th Annual Walk-Off for Cancer Dec. 3
- News2022.11.30School Choice Application Window Opens for 2023/24