By: Sharon Aron Baron
After the deadliest day in South Florida school history when a shooter killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Broward County Public Schools is offering grief counseling for all students and families.
Beginning at 8 a.m. at the Pines Trails Park Recreation Center and Amphitheater at 10555 Trails End in Parkland; Coral Springs Gymnasium 2501 Coral Springs Drive in Coral Springs; and at the Coral Springs Center for Performing Arts 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
Grief counselors will also be on site for students and staff at Westglades Middle School. For Marjory Stoneman Douglas staff members, grief counselors will be available at the Parkland Library 6620 N. University Drive Parkland, FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.26Local Online Boutique Takes ‘Stand With Parkland’ Cause to Heart
- Crime & Safety2021.01.26Parkland Doctor Arrested After Sending Explicit Photos to a Minor
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime