By: Sharon Aron Baron
They may have been expensive, but the hurricane impact windows were one good investment that kept a pair of hooded burglars from trying to break into a Parkland home.
Around 9:45 p.m. on April 1, the pair was caught on home surveillance at the 8700 block of Valencia Court heading into the backyard wearing hoodies and gloves, trying to use a crowbar to open a door.
After several minutes of futile attempts, they struck the glass of another door with the crowbar. Though it slightly cracked the glass, the burglars made no progress on making entry. The pair then moved to a set of double doors, where they spent nine more minutes trying to work the latch with the crowbar to no avail. Finally, it appears something spooked them, and they ran off.
Anyone with information about the burglary attempt or the suspects is asked to contact BSO Detective Roger Jean at 954-509-1458. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.29Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event