By: Sharon Aron Baron
An impatient driver passing another vehicle on Loxahatchee Road struck a motorcycle on Tuesday.
Around 8:30 p.m. Broward County Regional Communications received a call about a crash involving a vehicle and a motorcycle in the 7500 block of Loxahatchee Road in Parkland.
Preliminary information is the juvenile driver of a 2017 Jeep Wrangler was traveling eastbound on Loxahatchee Road when the driver attempted to pass a slower vehicle. The driver failed to see the motorcycle, which was traveling westbound.
Just before impact, the driver of the Jeep attempted to avoid the collision by swerving onto the swale near the guardrail, striking the motorcycle.
The two occupants of the motorcycle sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported by Coral Springs Fire Rescue. The occupants of the Jeep remained on the scene.
Got a story? Send it to Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2020.11.27Cash and Jewelry Stolen from Residents at a Parkland Senior Living Center
- Events2020.11.22Bulk Trash Schedule for Parkland in November and December
- Crime & Safety2020.11.19Animal Bite, Assault, and Auto Theft This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.11.18Patricia Oliver Joins National Gun Violence Prevention Nonprofit