By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has named the victims who were injured in Wednesday’s lightning strike that killed a woman.
While working in the fields at C.W. Hendrix Farms, at 12210 Loxahatchee Road,in Parkland, Maria Francisco Pascual, 53, of Lake Worth died after being struck by lightning. Injured were Palm Beach County residents Blanca Alvarenga, who is in her 40s, and Alfonzo Ordonez, who is in his 20s, both suffering lightning-related injuries.
Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue responded and transported Ordonez to Broward Health North. Alvarenga showed up at JFK Medical Center.
Pascual was taken to Coral Springs Medical Center by Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue who pronounced her dead.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11