By: Matt Rothman
It was a historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team this year, and they now have earned their first postseason win Tuesday night.
The Eagles, who currently are ranked second in Florida and fourth in the country, defeated Coral Springs High School.
Christian Arroyo threw five shutout innings and struck out 11. Offensively, Nikko Benestad led the team with a pair of RBI’s. Roman Anthony and Jake Clemente each drove in runs as well as registered doubles.
Devin Fitz-Gerald, Cameron Harris, Grant McDonald, Chris McKenna, and Santiago Ordonez all had RBI’s in the win.
Up next, MSD will face Monarch High School in the District Finals on Thursday, April 29 at 6 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.26Stealth 2026 Lacrosse Team Ranks 13th in the Nation
- News2021.07.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cameron Harris to Join Former Teammate in College