By: Matt Rothman
It was a historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team this year, and they now have earned their first postseason win Tuesday night.
The Eagles, who currently are ranked second in Florida and fourth in the country, defeated Coral Springs High School.
Christian Arroyo threw five shutout innings and struck out 11. Offensively, Nikko Benestad led the team with a pair of RBI’s. Roman Anthony and Jake Clemente each drove in runs as well as registered doubles.
Devin Fitz-Gerald, Cameron Harris, Grant McDonald, Chris McKenna, and Santiago Ordonez all had RBI’s in the win.
Up next, MSD will face Monarch High School in the District Finals on Thursday, April 29 at 6 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Cross Country Wins District Championship
- News2021.10.26Barraza Leads Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Golf to District Championship
- News2021.10.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Golf Finishes 2nd in Districts; Advances to Regionals
- News2021.10.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Earns Massive Win on the Road