By: Matt Rothman
It was a historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team this year, and they now have earned their first postseason win Tuesday night.
The Eagles, who currently are ranked second in Florida and fourth in the country, defeated Coral Springs High School.
Christian Arroyo threw five shutout innings and struck out 11. Offensively, Nikko Benestad led the team with a pair of RBI’s. Roman Anthony and Jake Clemente each drove in runs as well as registered doubles.
Devin Fitz-Gerald, Cameron Harris, Grant McDonald, Chris McKenna, and Santiago Ordonez all had RBI’s in the win.
Up next, MSD will face Monarch High School in the District Finals on Thursday, April 29 at 6 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 10U Baseball Team Hold Tryouts at Pine Trails Park