By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas cheerleading team had to perform twice on Tuesday in the Florida High School Athletic Association State Championship on Monday at the University of Florida.
First, after beating St. Augustine and South Lake High School (Groveland) in the semifinals, the Eagles came in first place with a score of 78.10.
Secondly, they competed against Strawberry Crest (Dover), Windermere (Orange County), and North Port High School. The Eagles finished third in the final with 75.70 — only two points behind Windermere for second and 11.5 points from first place winner Strawberry Crest.
MSD came in second in Districts earlier in the year before winning the Regional Championship in one of the greatest seasons in school history.
“I’m so proud of our team and what they accomplished this year,” said Head Coach Patti Thompson. “It’s been an incredible journey, and it’s pretty great to be third in the state.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch
- News2022.05.11Sammy Fisher Recognized With Conference Awards After Freshman Season With Elon Lacrosse
- News2022.05.10Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Makes Their Mark at Regionals
- News2022.05.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Rallies Back to Win District Championship