By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific first half for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas football team, the Eagles’ third game against West Broward High School was suspended due to lightning.
MSD, who came into the game with wins over Cooper City and Coconut Creek High School to start the season, led 14-0 at halftime. After lighting in the area was spotted, the game was suspended and is set to resume on October 18.
Two touchdowns were scored by quarterback Ryan Spallina after a rushing touchdown and a touchdown pass to wide receiver Hervin Louis.
While the Eagles will have to wait more than a month to resume this game, they face a tough challenge next week when they host Deerfield Beach High School on Friday, September 17 at 7 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended