By: Matt Rothman
Fall sports are underway at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, with the girl’s volleyball team picking up their first win on Wednesday.
The Eagles defeated Everglades High School 25-9, 25-15, 25-11 after falling in their opening match to South Plantation High School.
Next, the Eagles will travel to Coral Glades to take on the Jaguars on Thursday, September 1, at 6 p.m.
The Jaguars are coming off their first win on the season with their new head coach Brianna Dawson after defeating Nova High School on Wednesday. These teams met twice last year, with the teams splitting the two matches. However, the Eagles got their win in the postseason to advance to the District Final, where they fell to West Boca Raton High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.09.24Former MLB Player Holds Baseball Clinic For Kids Sept. 26
- News2022.09.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Bowling Teams Pick Up 50 Wins So Far
- News2022.09.20MSD’s Christian Rodriguez Helps Gain a Gold Medal for Team USA in World Cup
- News2022.09.17Junior Champions Thompson and Liu Leading Marjory Stoneman Douglas Golf