By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys soccer team is on their way to the District Final following their 2-1 victory over top-seeded Deerfield Beach High School in overtime on Wednesday.
Garrett Schreiber scored the game-winner in the extra session, and Max Weston had the other goal in regulation as the Eagles moved to 6-3 this season.
“It feels great,” said Head Coach Christian Chacon. “The boys have been working hard, especially since it’s been a difficult season with COVID. It definitely grew them as a team with a strong mentality.”
Up next, MSD will play Coral Glades in the District Final on Tuesday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended
- News2021.09.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Cross Country Win 1st BCAA Meet