By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys soccer team is on their way to the District Final following their 2-1 victory over top-seeded Deerfield Beach High School in overtime on Wednesday.
Garrett Schreiber scored the game-winner in the extra session, and Max Weston had the other goal in regulation as the Eagles moved to 6-3 this season.
“It feels great,” said Head Coach Christian Chacon. “The boys have been working hard, especially since it’s been a difficult season with COVID. It definitely grew them as a team with a strong mentality.”
Up next, MSD will play Coral Glades in the District Final on Tuesday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.163 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Invited to Broward-Palm Beach All-Star Game
- News2022.01.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Concludes Week With MLK Tournament Win
- News2022.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Wins Regional Championship
- News2022.01.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Soccer Win in District Championship Rematch