By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys soccer team is on their way to the District Final following their 2-1 victory over top-seeded Deerfield Beach High School in overtime on Wednesday.
Garrett Schreiber scored the game-winner in the extra session, and Max Weston had the other goal in regulation as the Eagles moved to 6-3 this season.
“It feels great,” said Head Coach Christian Chacon. “The boys have been working hard, especially since it’s been a difficult season with COVID. It definitely grew them as a team with a strong mentality.”
Up next, MSD will play Coral Glades in the District Final on Tuesday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Victorious in Regionals, Advance to States