By: Sharon Aron Baron
Before heading back to school, come meet your school resource officers at the annual “Parkland’s Night Out” event.
Promoting police-community partnerships along with neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods safer, National Night Out is a national event held in most communities.
Presented by the Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department, this is your chance to meet newly appointed Captain Chris Mulligan.
The event will also include “touch-a-bus”. This is the same as “touch-a-truck”, commonly seen in the fire-rescue world. There will be police and fire emergency vehicles along with live demonstrations and music and food. No food trucks will be at the event, however, Char-Hut will be giving away free hamburgers and hotdogs for the first 300 people.
Held on Wednesday August 8, from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Pine Trails Park.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life