By: Matt Rothman
Their seniors are Hussaine Alhindi, Omarian Coleman, Ray Deoki, Joel Guillen, Riley Ingram, Darren Kong, Kevon Lawson, Kenwyn McComie, Dylan Williams, May Abiri, Gaelle Boisrond, Sabrina Dorelien, Ruba Hidayath, and Quincy Ornus.
“It is my absolute honor to have the opportunity to play a part in their growth over their high school careers,” said Head Coach Dione Hester. “Many thanks to them and their families.”
The boy’s team finished in second place with 38 points, 25 points behind Pompano Beach.
Deoki came in first in the 100 and 200 meters. Kong won two events in the long and triple jump, while Jahsean Winchester, Kong, Mark Harris, and Deoki won the 4 x 100 relay team.
Winchester, Kong, Daniel Robinson, and Harris finished first in the 4 x 400 relay team. Winchester and Harris came in third in individual events, with Isaiah Thomas, Jayden Duprat, Dominic Savio, and Max Shelvy doing well.
The girl’s team picked up a first-place finish with 44 points and won seven events. Abiri, Chloee Lamour, Katrice Burke, and Gianna Potenzano won track events. Abiri, Kaylee Isen, Burke, and Potenzano won the 4 x 100 relay and the 4 x 400 with Shayna Agatstein.
Burke finished first in 400 meters with Isen also coming in second and Hidayath finishing third. Sasha Rodriguez and Sanjay White came in third and fifth respectively in their individual events. Next, Monarch will race at the District Championship, held at Coral Springs High School on Tuesday, April 19.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship