By: Matt Rothman
It took five sets, but the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys volleyball team picked up a win to move to the Regional Quarterfinals on Tuesday.
The Eagles defeated American Heritage School 25-20, 25-20, 26-28, 19-25, 15-10 to push their record to 8-7. The Eagles have now won four straight, including their last three in the postseason, after winning a District Championship on April 28.
Next, the Eagles will take on top-seeded Cardinal Gibbons High School for a spot in the final. In their last match, the Chiefs are coming off a win over Coral Glades High School and have won 25 of 27 matches this season. Game time is set for Friday, April 6, at 4:30 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch
- News2022.05.11Sammy Fisher Recognized With Conference Awards After Freshman Season With Elon Lacrosse
- News2022.05.10Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Makes Their Mark at Regionals
- News2022.05.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Rallies Back to Win District Championship