By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) Eagles Battalion Raiders Varsity and Junior Varsity team came in second place in the District Meet on October 16 at Everglades High School.
The event began with a 2.5 mile run before switching to a rope bridge where teams built a bridge between two wood stools while players climbed across.
Following that, teams competed in the tire flip and log carry. They first had to flip a tire 75 feet there and back before running a mile on the track with and without litter. In this event, players run two laps around the track with weights and two without.
The last event was an obstacle course where they crawl through nets, carry a canoe, and then run around the course and back.
Up next, the mixed varsity team, consisting of Arthur Amador, Patrick Collins, Gustavo Laboy, Chris Krok, Brandon Foote, Gabriel Zapata, Jacob Beavin, Bianca Gonzales, Lilly Velasco, Brittany Bean, Grace Mackenzie, and Ava Bonilla, will compete in States on November 12-13 at Camp Flaming Arrow in West Lakes.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Another BCAA Championship
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Season Ends in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 20245 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Win Championship
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship