By: Sharon Aron Baron
A new Broward County ordinance is tightening business restrictions in the wake of increased COVID-19 cases.
Emergency Order 20-20 addresses who must wear facial coverings and when and where they must be worn, including all food service workers, members of the pubic obtaining any good or service, or visiting any business — including entering, eating and otherwise, moving around the establishment. This order also includes any persons in a common area of a multi-family housing development, residential facility, hallways, and elevators.
Masks do not apply to children under the ages of two and those with a medical condition which prevents them from wearing a mask.
The Order limits hours for restaurants and food establishments; expressly, no establishment will be permitted to serve alcohol or food for on-site consumption between the hours of Midnight and 5 a.m. Take out, delivery, drive-through, or pickup will still be permitted.
“This action is, unfortunately, necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19 cases. The safety of all residents and visitors to Broward County is utmost on our minds, and everyone must follow these requirements. We’re hopeful that these additional, responsible measures will add an extra layer of protection for our residents and visitors”, said Broward, Deputy County Administrator Monica Cepero.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are able, wash their hands often, observe social distancing, and wear a facial covering in public. Social distancing and facial coverings when in public areas are not only required in Broward County, they are critical to slowing the spread of COVID-19. This is especially important during the upcoming July 4th holiday weekend. You’re urged to limit social gatherings to 10 people or less, practice social distancing, wear facial coverings and wash your hands often.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.03.05BSO Arrest Teen for Threat at Pompano Beach School
- News2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Parkland Crime Update: Man Assaulted While Walking His Dog