By Sharon Aron Baron
In 2020, Denyse Hostig, founder and chairwoman of Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! said that if they couldn’t have a luncheon in 2021, they would have another telethon.
“A Telethon 2.0,” she said.
2021 Not My Daughter Telethon
The Parkland-based nonprofit is back at it again, kicking off the event on Monday, Oct. 25, from 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. This year’s theme is Riding the Wave, which features local businesses, classes, and a variety of guest speakers.
One hundred percent of the proceeds support the Not My Daughter Support Services Center at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Plantation, two new Not My Daughter centers at Broward Health Coral Springs, and the Sylvester Pap Corp Campus in Deerfield Beach.
This year, the Not My Daughter organization has partnered with Broward Health Coral Springs to provide support services in the NW Broward community.
At their first telethon in 2020, 30 team members plus over a dozen teens raised almost $100,000. For more information on the “Riding the Wave telethon, visit Notmydaughter.org.
$15,000 Raised for Metastatic Breast Cancer Research
On Sept. 21, Not My Daughter raised $15,000 for metastatic breast cancer research at Lips in Fort Lauderdale when friends and family gathered to raise money to donate to METAvivor in honor of Cheryl Luckman-Simmons.
METAvivor’s goal is to extend the life and end death from metastatic breast cancer by funding and awarding grants for research projects that have the potential to shift metastatic breast cancer from a terminal disease to a chronic condition with a decent quality of life.
For more information, visit NotMyDaughter.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life