By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Parkland Chamber of Commerce continued its long tradition of collecting toys for children in need at their annual holiday party.
On December 11, members of the Chamber, in collaboration with trustee member, Broward Health, visited their pediatric unit and delivered the gifts.
Chamber President Nicole Roman said delivering toys was a heartwarming and very moving experience.
“Having the opportunity to bring a smile to a sick or injured child’s face was truly an amazing feeling of good doing.”
They collected over 75 gifts from members and non-members who brought unwrapped toys in lieu of admission to the party.
Roman said, “The Parkland Chamber strives always to support and serve our businesses, but this time, we were able to just give a little bit of something different to children and families during a time of stress and sadness.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3