By: Matt Rothman
It was an exciting cross country season in Parkland and Coral Springs, with three different schools having runners compete in the State Championship at Apalachee Regional Park on Friday.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country team returned to the State Championships with seven runners competing.
Freshman Juliana Couch finished with the top time for the Eagles at 22:49.40. Arianna Abreu finished 20 spots back while Morgan Melchiorri, Devyn Sanders, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, Grace MacKenzie, and Taylor Woonton competed.
“This went great,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “The girls enjoyed the competition and are ready to run it back next year since we have such a young team.”
Corel Springs High School Angelica Macarulay ran as a strong race with a time of 22.51:50 after coming in 16th in Regionals.
For JPT, they had Tanaris Jean Pierre compete in his first state completion. He finished 120th with a time of 17:43, which was 12 seconds shy of his personal best at the Falcon Invitational.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Team Wins 1st Tournament
- News2021.12.07Parkland Pokers Baseball Team 13U Wins 2nd Championship in 4 Weeks
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Wins 1st Game of Season
- News2021.12.06Former MLB Champion Juan Pierre Set to Coach Parkland Pokers 10U