By Ryan Yousefi
Love is in the air as Valentine’s Day and a free-to-attend community dance draw near.
The Parkland Buddy Sports Valentine Dance 2024 is set to take place on Friday, February 9, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at The Parkland Recreational and Enrichment Center (P-REC), located at 10559 Trails End.
This special event is open to community members aged 14 and above. Entry is free, but registration is required for all participants to ensure a well-organized and safe event.
Registration closes on February 2, 2024. Click here to RSVP.
Attendees can look forward to various activities planned for the evening, including music, dance floors, games, and interactive activities. Pizza and other refreshments will be available.
Initiated in 2002 by the Parkland Buddy Sports nonprofit organization, the program has since aimed to provide a safe and welcoming environment for children and young adults with special needs.
The program welcomes students of all ages to volunteer, including high school students who can earn service hours toward their high school diplomas.
For more information on Parkland Buddy Sports, go to parklandbuddysports.org.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024MSD Students Dance for a Cause at Annual Charity Marathon Benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Deadline Approaching: Parkland Announces Scholarships for 2024 Seniors
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Registration Now Open for the Parkland Buddy Sports Pickleball Invitational
- EventsFebruary 1, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama Set to Perform ‘Mean Girls The Musical’ March 6-9