By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland is bringing the big screen to resident’s backdoor with this month’s Movie in the Park “Mary Poppins Returns”.
Released in 2018, the film is a sequel to the 1964 film Mary Poppins, and stars Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins, with Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury, Colin Firth, and Meryl Streep in supporting roles. Set in 1930s London, 24 years after the events of the original film, the film sees Mary Poppins, the former nanny of Jane and Michael Banks, returning one year after a family tragedy.
Held on Friday, April 26, at 8:00 p.m. Pines Trails Park will be transformed into a local movie theater with an 18-foot inflatable movie screen and freshly popped popcorn.
This event is free and open for everyone. Bring your chairs, blankets, pillows and get comfortable under the stars. Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.20Babies at Northwest Women’s Center Ready to Rumble During Playoffs
- News2021.01.19Rep. Deutch Condemns Comments by Rep. Greene Denying Stoneman Douglas Shooting
- Events2021.01.19Register Now for Pap Corps ‘Cooking for a Cure’ January 26
- News2021.01.18Wife of Arrested Pediatrician: ‘I’m Shocked, Blindsided, and Sickened’