By Sharon Aron Baron
A Parkland resident who works as a pediatrician has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) detectives arrested a pediatrician Tuesday on child pornography charges.
In June 2020, ICAC detectives received a tip regarding an adult male, later identified as Dr. Michael Mizrachy, 49, concerning the possible distribution and possession of child pornography.
After obtaining a search warrant, detectives were able to locate a video depicting child pornography, which was described in the initial tip. The video appears to show a child, between the ages of eight and 10 years of age, being sexually assaulted by an apparent adult male.
In addition to the initial video described in the tip, detectives located several photos depicting what appear to be young children in their bathing suits, underwear, or shorts in which none of the children appear to be aware the photos were being taken.
These images led detectives to generate an additional search warrant in October for Mizrachy’s residence in MiraLago at the 8500 block of Lakeside Drive.
Through the execution of the search warrant detectives learned that Mizrachy used an app, known as KIK, to chat with a child who was 15 at the time. The chats included sexually explicit photographs that were shared by the child.
Further investigation revealed that the other images of the children located within Mizrachy’s accounts were of his daughters’ friends at his residence. These images included the children’s clothed private parts. Most of the children appeared to be between the ages of 13 and 15, with confirmation of one of them being 10 years old.
Mizrachy was booked at the BSO Main Jail Tuesday afternoon. He faces two counts of possession of sexual performance by a child and one count of computer pornography.
The investigation is ongoing. BSO ICAC detectives ask anyone with information regarding this case or anyone whose child may have been a victim of Mizrachy, to contact BSO ICAC Detective Erica Rockey at 954-888-1570. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.16Rep Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Online Town Hall with 3 Broward County Agencies
- News2021.06.15Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.06.14Eats ‘n Beats Returns With The National Tom Petty Tribute Show