By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Relay For Life isn’t until Spring, however, preparations are well underway for an exciting event.
A Team Captain Party and Planning meeting will be held for interested participants of the Relay for Life Coral Springs and Parkland on January 24.
Co-lead Rachel Frydman said this year’s theme is ‘Imagine a World Without Cancer’.
According to her, the Relay For Life movement is the world’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising event to save lives from cancer and community volunteers are the backbone of the movement. At Relay For Life events, participants celebrate people who have been touched by cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action for lifesaving change.
Funds raised help the American Cancer Society attack cancer in dozens of ways, each of them critical to achieving a world without cancer – from developing breakthrough therapies to building supportive communities, from providing empowering resources to deploying activists to raise awareness.
The Team Captain Party and Planning meeting will be held on Jan 24, at 6:30 pm at the MiraLago Club House, 8955 W. Miralago Way, Parkland, FL 33076
The annual Relay For Life of Parkland and Coral Springs will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Sportsplex at Coral Springs. To learn more about Relay For Life and form a team or register as an individual or cancer survivor, visit www.relayforlife.org/parklandandcoralspringsfl.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.26Local Online Boutique Takes ‘Stand With Parkland’ Cause to Heart
- Crime & Safety2021.01.26Parkland Doctor Arrested After Sending Explicit Photos to a Minor
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime