By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through July 20.
7400 block of NW 112th Ter – Parkland Reserve
On July 16, a 2019 White 4-door BMW 350i was stolen from the driveway. The owner of the vehicle advised the spare key fob was inside the car from the last time it was stolen. However, when the vehicle was located and returned to their property, the spare key fob was not returned with the car.
9200 block of Ranch Rd
On July 14, a Kia was observed to have a smashed out front passenger window. A wristlet was taken from the gear shift area. No witnesses.
6500 block of NW 63rd Way
On July 14, the resident was driving home, and a car that was following was driving closely. The caller pulled onto 63rd Way and stopped his vehicle. He waved the person behind him to pass and gave the car behind him the middle finger. The car pulled alongside the caller and began yelling. The resident yelled back and the unknown person showed a handgun. The gun was pointed down and was not pointed at the resident. The unknown vehicle then drove off.
8100 block of Acadia Ct – The Falls
Between July 13 and 14, the reporter advised an unknown suspect removed 16 water supply pipelines from the construction site without the permission or authority of the owner.
8100 block of Everglades Way S – The Falls
Between July 16 and July 17, the reporter advised unknown subject(s) entered the construction site and removed 14 water pipelines from the area. They explained each pipeline costs $154.75, making the total cost of stolen property $2,166.50. A canvas of the area was conducted; however, there was no video surveillance located near the construction area. The person advised he wanted to prosecute.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development