By Sharon Aron Baron
On Monday, Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony made a scheduled appearance at Parkland’s Martin Luther King Day Celebration at Pine Trails Park.
Along with Undersheriff Nichole Anderson, Sheriff Tony celebrated the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr at the event.
“Our tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr is always a great event,” said Mayor Rich Walker, who added that the speakers and entertainment this year was inspiring. “Having Sheriff Tony as a special guest speaker was an honor.”
The event included food trucks, inspirational local performances, music, and guest speakers honoring Black History Month.
Heather Johnson, Ricardo Estevez-Rivas, and Lila Pistorius, from Mary Help of Christian, won the Dr. Martin Luther King Day Celebration Essay and Poetry Contest and shared their work onstage.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2022.05.15Sisters Open New Yoga Studio in Coconut Creek
- News2022.05.092 Parkland Students Awarded Scholarships from the Broward League of Cities
- News2022.05.05Broward Health Coral Springs Teams Up with Pediatrix for Obstetrics Care