By: Sharon Aron Baron
To help fund much-needed cancer research at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami The Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps is holding their Third Annual Golf Tournament November 18.
Open to men and women of all ages and skill levels, the entry fee includes green fees, golf cart, gift bag, range balls, beverages on the course, continental breakfast, lunch and awards banquet.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest, grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Since 1952, The Pap Corps has donated almost $60 million dollars.
The Greater Broward Chapter itself has contributed close to $200,000 since its inception. In 2010, the Greater Broward Chapter was started with approximately 20 members. Over the years, membership has increased by more than 900% as the chapter expanded its membership to over 250 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs and Coconut Creek area. Current annual membership fees are $40.00 with additional opportunities to participate in annual fundraising events.
The event is on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at the Woodlands Country Club in Tamarac, Florida. Cost per person is $140. Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Lunch and awards will begin at 1:00 p.m. There will be raffle prizes and a silent auction. Sponsorships are available as well. Register Here.
More information about The Pap Corps and the Third Annual Golf Tournament can be found at www.greaterbroward.org.
The Woodlands Country Club is located at 4600 Woodlands Boulevard Tamarac Florida.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out