By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are investigating the death of a woman who was struck by lightning in Parkland, injuring two others.
At 2:10 p.m. on Wednesday, Maria Pascual, 53, of Lake Worth, was working in the fields of C.W. Hendrix Farms at 12210 Loxahatchee Road when she was fatally struck by lightning. A man and woman who were working near Pascual sustained lightning-related injuries.
Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue responded and transported the man to Broward Health North. His injuries are described as serious. The injured woman showed up at JFK Medical Center with not life-threatening injuries. Detectives are temporarily withholding their names.
Pascual was taken to Coral Springs Medical Center by Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue who pronounced her dead.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out