By Sharon Aron Baron
A man has been arrested in a fatal head-on traffic crash on the Sawgrass Expressway that left Parkland resident Kenneth Scott Kraemer, 36, dead.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Eli Louis, 33, was arrested outside his Lauderhill residence on Wednesday morning by Traffic Homicide Investigators Louis is accused of driving the wrong way while intoxicated on the Sawgrass Expressway, causing a head-on collision with another vehicle.
The crash occurred on September 18, 2022, when Louis, driving a 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV, was traveling eastbound on the westbound-only lanes of the expressway in the area of Lyons Road in Coconut Creek. He collided head-on with a 2018 Chevrolet Traverse SUV driven by Kraemer, who died due to the collision.
A funeral was held for Kraemer, on September 21, 2022, in Jacksonville.
Louis was transported to the Broward County Jail and is being held without bond on felony charges of DUI Manslaughter and Vehicular Homicide. He is awaiting an appearance in bond court.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.01.28Mah Jongg Tournament Raises Awareness For Women’s Heart Health
- News2023.01.26Parkland Holds Commemoration Ceremony for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Community on Feb. 14
- News2023.01.25Parkland Man Pleads Guilty to $4.1 Million Fraud Scheme
- News2023.01.22UPDATE: Multiple Injuries Reported in Crash on Northbound Sawgrass Expressway