By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team’s upperclassmen certainly get a lot of attention with their notable college decisions, but the Eagles also got a few younger players making their mark.
Both Rylan Lujo and Alex Rodriguez were officially selected for the 2022 PBR Futures All-Star Game. These MSD players will compete on June 28, with both looking to showcase their skills in front of college scouts.
Lujo has been on the MSD varsity baseball team for two years and has won a pair of State Championships. After occasional playing time as a freshman, Lujo shined at third base for the Eagles. In 31 games this season, Lujo hit .347 with 18 RBI and 19 runs scored.
Like Lujo, Rodriguez played his second year on the varsity baseball team. He had two hits in seven at-bats this season and was primarily used as a pinch-runner. Rodriguez scored 30 runs and went 17-22 stealing bases.
Both Lujo and Rodriguez will have two years of eligibility on the varsity baseball team. With ten seniors, both players will be significant parts of the 2023 season, featuring the Eagles looking to become the first-ever team in Broward County to win three State Championships.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.08.02Hunter Fitz-Gerald Set to Continue College Baseball Career in Sun Belt Conference
- News2022.08.022 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Receive Athletic Scholarships
- News2022.07.28Jayden Dubanewicz Becomes 5th Marjory Stoneman Douglas Pitcher to Commit to UF
- News2022.07.28Florida Pokers’ Nick Diaz Named to a Pair of All-Tournament Teams