By: Matt Rothman
After falling in their first two games of the season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball team picked up their first win by defeating Pompano Beach High School 75-53 on Wednesday.
After falling to Western and Cooper City High School, the Eagles move their record to 1-2.
Sean Sucarichi led the team scoring 16 points, Evin Jenkings and Diego Rodriguez with 12 and ten points, and Wesley Aurelus added nine points, doing a terrific job defending and rebounding the ball.
“It feels really good to get that first win of the season,” said Head Coach Teddy Lyons. “Our team has worked really hard and is a great group. I was really happy they were able to come out and put those first two losses behind them.”
MSD is coming off a tough season in 2020 where they won only three of nine games and are looking for their first winning season since 2015 when they went 17-8.
Next, Marjory Stoneman Douglas will have a week off before playing J.P. Taravella at home on Thursday, December 9, at 6 p.m.
“We have eight days before our next game, so we are going to practice hard,” Lyons added. “We have plenty of areas to clean up and take it one game at a time.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win