By: Matt Rothman
Gordon, 18, a resident of Heron Bay, attended Heron Heights Elementary, Westglades Middle, then Pine Crest School, where he played on the varsity team for four years.
His best moment came in the team’s first playoff game this year. With the game tied at 7, Gordon kicked a 40-yard field goal to upset La Salle High School. He recorded 27 extra points and was one of the top kickers in the country during his junior season.
During the off-season, Gordon trained in Naples for the Chris Sailer Kicking Camp. He also kicked at Pines Trail Park in Parkland and was a camper and counselor at Eagles Landing and the Night Owls.
Next, Gordon is set to graduate this spring before starting his freshman year of college in 2022. He joins a program that went 5-4 in 2021 under Head Coach E.J. Mills.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win