By: Matt Rothman
While the 2023 MLB Draft is in the past, three potential selections for the 2024 draft from Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball were named Max Preps Underclassmen All-American Team.
Devin Fitz-Gerald blossomed immediately and was named BCAA MVP during the Eagles championship. Devin finished second on the team with a .392 batting average, hitting six home runs, knocking in 32 RBIs, and scoring 29 runs while also playing incredible defense at shortstop. He is currently committed to NC State University.
Dayton University commit Rylan Lujo played third base for the Eagles and finished the season third with a .384 batting average. He also hit six home runs and knocked in 30 runs.
Jayden Dubanewicz, committed to the University of Florida. He shined on the mound, winning all 11 starts and was the winning pitcher in the State Championship Game. He recorded a save while striking out more than a batter per inning.
These three players are all set to return to the Eagles in 2024 and will look to win a State Championship in all four years of high school.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick