By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through December 14.
10600 block of NW 62nd Ct – Parkland Isles
On December 8, the suspect was repeatedly harassing the victim by sending emails and text messages in violation of an active injunction. The victim stated that she was in fear for her life. A not in-custody arrest was issued.
7400 Parkside Dr – Riverglades Elementary School
On December 8, the fire alarm activated for an unknown reason. The school was evacuated as practiced, and the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department cleared the incident. Children returned to class without incident.
10300 block of Cameilla St – Parkland Golf & Country Club
On December 8, the reporting person received unwanted text messages from an individual that made her feel uncomfortable. The person who lives in New Jersey and text messages showed no crime. Case card administered, Text messages in the process of being uploaded to Evidence.com.
12100 block of NW 75th Place – Heron Bay
On December 9, the resident reported receiving a text from an unknown telephone number in New York asking for an unspecified “fee” and threatening to kill his family. He does not know who sent him this message. Screenshots uploaded to evidence.com.
8000 block of NW 109th Ln – Heron Bay Meadowbrook
On December 8, the resident reported to BSO her six-year-old son said that an unknown male subject in a white four-door sedan stopped next to him and asked, “Do you want to hop in?” while he was playing in front of her residence. No other information was available. The area was checked, but BSO was unable to locate the subject.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.16Rep Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Online Town Hall with 3 Broward County Agencies
- News2021.06.15Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.06.14Eats ‘n Beats Returns With The National Tom Petty Tribute Show