By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas cross country team is back with a stellar performance to kick off their season.
On Wednesday, the Eagles competed in the Broward County Atheltic Association Meet at Markham Park.
On the boy’s side, their top two runners were a pair of underclassmen in Cole Spinks and Coby Alhadeff. They ran alongside Teyve Singh, Emery Jackson, Andres Abreu, Quinn McCluskey, Cooper Roth, Jack Lickerman, and Noah Ryan.
The girl’s top result was from Ella Schwartz, who came in fourth place overall. Grace Mackenzie and Ester Bang were the next two to finish, followed by Mikayla Ryan, Michele Hirn, Riley Anders, and Zoha Haider.
“For the first meet of the year, everyone ran well, said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “The boys had a fantastic performance with all five varsity scorers finishing under 22 minutes.
Next, the Eagles will race again on Tuesday, September 6, at Tradewind Parks.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.09.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Bowling Teams Pick Up 50 Wins So Far
- News2022.09.20MSD’s Christian Rodriguez Helps Gain a Gold Medal for Team USA in World Cup
- News2022.09.17Junior Champions Thompson and Liu Leading Marjory Stoneman Douglas Golf
- News2022.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Win Swim Meet; Girls Finish Second