By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country saved their best race of the season for the District Championship on Tuesday, coming in first place in their meet.
“I’m just proud of all the hard work they put in and how well they came together as a team today,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro.
Devyn Sanders finished second in the race with a time of 22.56.90. MSD had Juliana Couch finish sixth while Andres Abreu came in tenth along with three other runners end the race in the top 25 in Morgan Melchiorri, Grace Mackenzie, and Sofia Schorer Kaplan.
Soon after, Taylor Woonton and Erica Wilczek finished in 31st and 38th respectively, while Arianna Shahheidari and Olivia Zeff led the Eagles to a championship.
Next, the Eagles will compete in Regionals on Wednesday, November 3, at Larry and Penny Thompson Park in South Miami.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 20233 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Original Florida Pokers Set to Hold Tryouts December 9-10
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Battalion Wins Another State Championship
- NewsDecember 3, 20232 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Coaches Receive National Awards