By: Sharon Aron Baron
The children and alumni of performing arts school Broadway Bound are holding a tribute concert for Marjory Stoneman Douglas where funds raised will be used to help others.
Kassie Meiler, Director of Dance and Resident Choreographer for Broadway Bound said that many of their students attend Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and many will soon attend, as they attend Westglades, Park Trails, Heron Heights, and Riverglades Elementary in Parkland. “They are dedicating their time and energy,” she said.
Meiler said there will be surprise guests as well.
The ‘MSD Strong Tribute Concert’ will be held on March 9, 7:30 p.m. at the Township Center for the Performing Arts in Coconut Creek and 100 percent of the funds raised will support the memory of the students and staff as well as create a scholarship fund.
Minimum donation is $30. Tickets are available at Broadway Bound 9715 W. Sample Road Coral Springs. Cash or check made out to: Shining Stars Foundation.
The Township Center for the Performing Arts in Coconut Creek is located at 2452 Lyons Rd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out
- News2020.09.20Parkland Talk Interviews Stacy Kagan and Rich Walker: Candidates for Parkland Mayor
- Crime & Safety2020.09.17Stolen Vehicle and Phone Scam this week in Parkland Crime