Photos courtesy the Anthony Rizzo Foundation
By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Sunday, Chicago Cubs First Baseman and Parkland Native Anthony Rizzo hosted the 8th Annual Walk-Off for Cancer.
At the event, held at Pine Trails Park, over 1,200 people participated, helping raise more than $1.3 million.
Rizzo and his family foundation presented a $1 million check to the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation to establish endowments that will aid families impacted by a child’s cancer diagnosis and treatment. The University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center was also a beneficiary of event proceeds.
Presented by Gallagher and the Levinson Family, the event consisted of a 5K walk, entertainment, refreshments, and special guest appearances from local dignitaries and celebrities.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’
- News2019.11.29Professional Hockey Player Selling Parkland Home
- Events2019.11.29Parkland Celebrates ‘Small Business Saturday’ with Special Deals
- News2019.11.24Chicago Cubs’ Anthony Rizzo Raises Funds at Parkland Walk-Off for Pediatric Cancer