Photos courtesy the Anthony Rizzo Foundation
By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Sunday, Chicago Cubs First Baseman and Parkland Native Anthony Rizzo hosted the 8th Annual Walk-Off for Cancer.
At the event, held at Pine Trails Park, over 1,200 people participated, helping raise more than $1.3 million.
Rizzo and his family foundation presented a $1 million check to the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation to establish endowments that will aid families impacted by a child’s cancer diagnosis and treatment. The University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center was also a beneficiary of event proceeds.
Presented by Gallagher and the Levinson Family, the event consisted of a 5K walk, entertainment, refreshments, and special guest appearances from local dignitaries and celebrities.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- Events2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- Events2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31