Photos courtesy the Anthony Rizzo Foundation
By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Sunday, Chicago Cubs First Baseman and Parkland Native Anthony Rizzo hosted the 8th Annual Walk-Off for Cancer.
At the event, held at Pine Trails Park, over 1,200 people participated, helping raise more than $1.3 million.
Rizzo and his family foundation presented a $1 million check to the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation to establish endowments that will aid families impacted by a child’s cancer diagnosis and treatment. The University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center was also a beneficiary of event proceeds.
Presented by Gallagher and the Levinson Family, the event consisted of a 5K walk, entertainment, refreshments, and special guest appearances from local dignitaries and celebrities.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2020.04.02Parkland Experiences Increase of COVID-19 Cases on April 2 City by City Report
- News2020.04.02Cruise Ships Given Permission to Dock at Port Everglades Thursday Afternoon
- News2020.04.01Parkland COVID-19 Cases Continue to Rise in Florida Department of Health April 1 Report
- News2020.04.01Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teachers Share Inspiring Messages for Students in New Video